Top rules for looking good without makeup! Simple life tricks and tips to look beautiful while wearing no makeup
15. Wash your face- Taking care of your skin is crucial in looking good without any makeup products. Your skin routine is a big factor in how your skin will look. Be sure to find a good facial wash that is gentle on the skin and use twice a day, once in the morning and again at night before you go to bed. At first, it might seem like a good idea to wash your face more than twice a day, doing so can actually over-dry your skin. It can make it irritable, making it look worse. Depending on your skin, you need to pick a cleanser that best suits you, a foaming or gel cleanser is excellent for oily skin, and a cream cleanser is perfect for dry skin. However, steer clear of bar soaps because they’re just too drying. Lastly, the most important step is to wash your hands before you wash your face. Even though this may sound like common sense, many people often skip this step.
14. Exfoliate your skin- Exfoliating your skin is a wonderful way to remove dead skin cells on your skin. It can help your face by making it look radiant and fresh and can create a natural, healthy glow which is a bonus if you’re going makeup free. Exfoliating can also help reduce acne because the process allows the pores to open up so your skin can breathe properly. For sensitive skin, you can use a soft washcloth and gently scrub your face. Find a skin wash that responds well with your skin and gently rub the washcloth on your face in slow circular motions. Now don’t forget to watch out for over exfoliating! Doing so can lead to pigmentation issues, sensitivity and irritation.
13. Use moisturizer on a daily basis- After you wash your face, you should follow up by applying a light coat of facial moisturizer. It boosts hydration in your skin and prevents dullness and flaking. Plus it also produces a protective layer of moisture that lasts all day long, making your skin bright and glowing. If you have sensitive skin, select a product that is scent free and gentle. If you are susceptible to pimples, opt for a product that is non oily and light. For those with drier skin types, choose a heavier moisturizer that contains nourishing and soothing ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter. These natural ingredients have beneficial properties and boost collagen in the skin.
12. Wear sunscreen- Since your face and skin are exposed to the sun on an everyday basis. It is fundamental to wear sunscreen every day, whether it’s windy, cloudy or snowy as UVA rays can still break down your skin. Especially if you’re not wearing makeup, your bare skin can get sunburnt which can lead to peeling. The sun’s harsh rays can make your skin age early which can lead to sun spots as we age. Protect your skin from sun damage by using an SPF product that is 30 or higher. You can also choose a sunscreen that doubles as a moisturizer which saves you time and money.
11. Use Toner- Toner is a skin care item that is often an overlooked step, but when used correctly, it can work magic on your skin! Not only does it help improve your skin, but toner rebuilds your skin’s natural ph balance. Go for a toner that is alcohol-free because they help even out skin tone and are less drying. For example, toners for acne prone or oily skin can tighten pores and vanish extra oil trapped in the body. Toners for dry skin can hold in moisture and ease irritation. Use a toner after cleansing and before you moisturize for the best results.