1. Get you a hair-catcher for your shower drain so that your curls don’t clog the party! SILICONE HAIR STOPPER:
2. Invest in a shower filter because hard water will leave your hair feeling like brittle betty. SHOWER HEAD FILTER:
3. Wash your hair in twists to save you time! TWIST WASH DAY:
4. Use a misting spray bottle! They aerosolize ya water to make wetting your hair easy. SPRAY BOTTLE:
5. Grease that scalp, baby! From experience this has helped SO much with flakes and dryness. Apply right out of the shower for best results. HAIR GREASE:
6. Detachable shower heads are hella convenient for wash day. No more stepping out of the shower with shampoo still all up in ya scalp! DETACHABLE SHOWER HEAD: See tip two.
7. Trim your hair as needed. If you see fairy-knots or split ends, snip them bad boys off on sight! TRIMMING SIZZORS:
8. Spray the perimeter of your hair ties before removing them. It reduces any friction for an easier removal! MY FAVORITE HAIR TIES:
9. Use a detangling comb at the ends of your twists and wash and gos as your styling to get sleek finishes as well as reduced tangling. DETANGLING COMB: couldn’t find it 😩
10. Pineapple your hair you psycho!
11. Keep your hair safe while you sleep! Satin scarves, bonnets and pillowcases are here to help! SATIN PILLOWCASE:
12. Deep condition with plastic bags! Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
13. Shampoo brushes, tangle teezers, and scalp massagers can really get your scalp together while you shampoo if you would just let them! SCALP MASSAGER:
14. Understand how to use leave-in conditioners to pro-long moisture!
15. Try to minimize manipulating your protective styles after you’ve installed them and WEAR THAT BONNET!
16. Use a gentle cleanser or cowash for midweek washes.
17. Product swaps with your natural haired friends will save you money on those products that you end up throwing away because they’ve failed you.
18. Keep track of which products that you own have expired. Check the back of the container for the open jar symbol that’ll tell you how many months that kinky custard yogurt cream is gonna be good!
19. Know that natural hair care is a SYSTEM of things that keep everything healthy. Eat right, moisturize right, and pray sis.
20. TWEAK other routines as you listen for what your hair likes and doesn’t like!
BONUS TIP: Stay blessed, not stressed, and like eat gummy bears or something idk.
SUPPORT NATURAL HAIR INITIATIVES for foster kids:
What’s your hair type?
3c-4b, low porosity, fine hair
How long have you been growing your hair?
Almost 6 years!
How old are you?
Can you recommend products?
Whatever you see me use and like in a video..that’s what I suggest! But always use what works for YOU.
Your favorite beard care products?
——————————————- FOLLOW ME! ———————————————-
2nd YOUTUBE :
INSTAGRAM 2: www.instagram.com/_willonawhim
Alikay Naturals 15% OFF
USE CODE: WILL15 at
Use code ‘willonawhim70’ for 70% off!!
Ultimate Skin Spa by Vanity Planet:
USE CODE: GROOVEWITHWILL FOR 50% OFF YOUR SCALP MASSAGER AT
LYFT Code: WILL308965
$40 FREE for your first AIRBNB! www.airbnb.com/c/willh46
—————————————— CONTACT ME! ———————————————
FOR BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY: email@example.com
Thanks for watching!
Much Love ❤️
WillOnAWhim is a one-stop shop for all things hair, travel, food and shenanigans! Enjoy!