Cult-favourite Huda Beauty has sent fans wild after revealing it’s new #FauxFilter Skin Finish Foundation Stick which promises to give the same ‘flawless’ finish as a social media filter.
American makeup artist Huda Kattan, who founded the brand, revealed the £32 product was developed in response to a request from fans for a fragrance-free, lightweight foundation that provides a natural coverage.
Having posted photographs of their models wearing the full coverage product on Instagram, many makeup fans admitted they’re impressed by the results and said they were eager to try for themselves.
One commented: ‘Oh my God Huda Beauty. I’m on my way to get this foundation of yours, literally in love with it.’
Huda Beauty has introduced a new #FauxFilter Skin Finish Foundation Stick (pictured) to give skin lightweight, full coverage
Huda Beauty describe the foundation (pictured) as an excuse to delete photo-editing apps and claim the product lasts for up to 10 hours, with 39 different shades available
The must-have foundation with ‘buildable’ everyday coverage, promises to give skin a ‘flawless’ finish so that wearers can delete their photo-editing apps for good.
Described by the brand as an on-the-go-friendly stick with a diamond-shaped bullet for optimal precision, it is a lightweight foundation that gives coverage for up to 10 hours.
Even her Huda’s sister, Mona, was apparently on the hunt for a lighter version of the original #FauxFilter.
Demand led, Huda to the labs in South Korea, the epicenter of skin-loving cosmetic formulas, to create the new product.
A stream of social media users have admitted they’re eager to try the new foundation, which is available in 39 shades
She said: ‘When I want to go for a fuller coverage I usually have to compromise on a natural-looking finish, so I decided to design a foundation that would give you naturally flawless skin but with the look of a filter.
‘#FauxFilter Skin Finish Foundation Stick is lightweight and blendable so you can achieve your perfect complexion, no filter needed’.
The brand, who attempt to ensure they cater their products for everyone, has expanded the inclusive collection of Huda Beauty’s first 30 #FauxFilter shades.
It has also provided a further range of tones and undertones for different complexions, with #FauxFilter Skin Finish available in 39 shades.
The new foundation (pictured) is being released alongside a new Water Jelly Hydrating Primer as well as a Face Build and Buff foundation
After the product was revealed, social media users gushed that they couldn’t wait to try the foundation for themselves.
Another said: ‘OMG I literally underestimated it when you said it looks like skin because that’s what ever company claims but this post changed my mind.
‘It really looks like skin, MAGIC!! Well done, Huda’
A third added: ‘I can’t wait to get this foundation.’
Huda reveals her top tips to applying foundation
- Apply one pump of Water Jelly Hydrating Primer to clean skin. Wait 30 to 60 seconds for the hydrating ingredients to absorb into your skin while the activating priming ingredients provide optimal makeup grip.
- Apply #FauxFilter Skin Finish directly onto the skin and buff out with your favorite sponge or brush – the more product you use, the higher the coverage.
- For extra coverage, apply an extra layer to areas that need it and blend (don’t worry, the formula stays light and natural-looking while also giving a filter finish).
- For an optimum filter finish, apply with the new Huda Beauty dual-ended Face | Buff & Build Foundation Brush.
- Huda likes to swipe the foundation stick directly onto the pyramid side of the brush and apply to the face & those hard to reach areas.
- Blend from the center of the face outwards, using the flatter, buffing side and repeat until you’ve achieved your perfect coverage.